STATEMENT OF FAITH
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, Gods infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.
We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in
all matters on which it speaks.
We accept those large areas of doctrinal teaching on which historically there has been
general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialized calling of our
movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
We affirm our belief in basic Bible teaching as follows:
1. There is one true God, eternally existing in three Person, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of
2. Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous
conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth.
3. He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for our sins by dying on the cross as our
substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
4. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He had lived and died.
5. He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and
humanity, continually makes intercession for His own.
6. We were originally created in the image of God. We sinned by disobeying God; thus, we were alienated from our Creator. That historic fall brought all men and women under divine condemnation.
7. Our nature is corrupted, and we are thus totally unable to please God. Every person is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
8. Our salvation is wholly a work of Gods free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
9. It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Saviour. This assurance is not base upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
10. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to all men and women. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believers life of faith.
11. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men and
women, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
12. God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
13. At physical death believers enter immediately into eternal conscious fellowship with the Lord, and await the resurrection of their body to everlasting glory and blessing.
14. At physical death unbelievers enter immediately into eternal conscious separation from the Lord and await the resurrection of their body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
15. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth, personally, visibly and bodily, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
16. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men and women of every nation.
Glory Be To God....
We praise God here at Greater New Testament for the many blessings and miracles that has happened to many of His people.
We don't just come to praise God, but there is a special reason we do praise Him. We praise Him because we believe in His healing hands. We believe in Him giving us prosperity in everyway we need, whether it's in Health, in Spiritual things or Prosperity in financial situations. We believe He is able to do what He promise.
There are many here that we can call on for a testimony, sharing how God has healed them in special ways.
If we were to ask Sis. Ella Hawkins, she would say that, "Even though an anerisym happened to me, God healed me and I'm in my right mind, so that's why I praise Him."
If we were to ask Sis. MaShelle Williams, has God delivered her from anything? She would say, "Yes, God delivered me from health and emotional problems. And I can testify I'm richer Spiritually now than I've ever been and that is because of the spiritual doctrine from my Pastor."
And if we ask Sis. Mary Frank, Has God healed her from any disease? She would say that, "the doctor said that I was in stage 4 cancer in my throat, but now I'm healed, cancer free and back singing in the choir and that's why I praise Him!"
We don't just praise Him for the healings, because some He decided to bring home out of this chaotic world and we prasie Him because we know that He could've healed them but He chose not to.
So why do we praise Him? Because He's worthy to be praised. We praise Him also for the redemptive work that He done on the cross for us.
So if you think this is worth praising Him, why dont you come and praise Him with us!!